Saturday, March 19, 2016

'It's Very Special Having a Little Girl:' Princess Kate Opens Up Princess Charlotte's Bond with 'Gan-Gan' the Queen in Extraordinary New Documentary


It's almost Gan-Gan's big 90th birthday

In a new documentary honoring Queen Elizabet'hs milestone birthday on April 21, Princess Kate is opening up about her children's special relationship with the monarch – and reveals a special nickname for her. 


Speaking in depth for the first time about the joy of raising her family, including 2-year-old son Prince George and 10-month-old daughter Princess Charlotte, Kate tells ITV's The Queen at Ninety that the royal great-grandmother was "thrilled" when she and Prince William welcomed Charlotte last May. 

"It's very special having a new little girl … I feel very, very lucky that George has got a little sister," she says in the new documentary, which airs on ITV in the U.K. on March 27. "The Queen was really thrilled that it was a little girl, and I think as soon as we came back here to Kensington she was one of our first visitors here." 

"George is only 2 ½ and he calls her 'Gan-Gan,' " reveals Kate. "She always leaves a little gift or something in their room when we go and stay, and that just shows her love for her family." 

The appearance marks Kate's first solo TV interview since joining the royal family in 2011. She is among all the senior members of the family, including Prince Charles, William and Prince Harry, who took part in the documentary. 

The record-breaking Queen has been a steady right hand for Kate as she learns the royal ropes. Recalling their first joint engagement together in 2012, when she joined the Queen in Leicester, Kate says, "I went without William, so I was rather apprehensive about that. I think there is a real art to walkabouts. Everyone teases me in the family that I spend far too long chatting. So I think I've still got to learn a little bit more and to pick up a few more tips I suppose." 

"She was very supportive. The fact she took the time to make sure that I was happy and looked after for that particular occasion, which probably in everything that she's doing is a very small element, it shows just how caring she is really." 

And Kate adds, "She's been very generous in not being forceful at all and in any of her views, but I feel she's been there, a gentle guidance really for me." 


Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment