Wednesday, April 20, 2016

62 year old Man says; "I impregnated my Daughter & I'll Marry Her "


Mr. Matthew Emeaguboro, a 62 year old man in Apo, Abuja, has allegedly impregnated his 13-year -old daughter (names withheld), a Junior Secondary School two student of Apo Resettlement Secondary School, Abuja.


The family lives in a one- bedroom apartment and neighbours who insisted on anonymity, told Abuja Metro that the sex rump between the father and daughter had been going on for a long time.



Defending his action, Emeaguboro said he was lured into the act by his daughter. He alleged that the girl seduced him while he was having his bath.

The father, who accepted responsibility for the four-month-old pregnancy said his wife was mainly to blame for the shameful incident.

His words: "My wife is the cause of all the evil that happened. After bearing me two children, she has continuously denied me my marital rights. She did not allow me to touch her.  People had told me on several occasions how she messed around with men and I have also caught her, but she apologized.

"She is having an affair with many men and came back home very late. I remember one night that she came home by 2am. When I sought for explanation, she  told me stories.

"My wife also told our daughter that she cannot bear another child for me. She also told her to go ahead and bear children for me. But now, things have gone wrong and everybody is saying that I am a bad man. My pain is that anything I do, people will say I am a bad man.

"I went to have my bath, but never knew my daughter’s intention. When I came out of the bathroom with a towel on my waist, she came and grabbed my waist. I tried to push her out, but she resisted. Before I knew it, the deed had been done. I know it was a temptation, but I am sorry. I beg God for forgiveness because her mother made me indulge in the act."

Reacting to her husband’s allegation, Mrs. Ngozi Emeaguboro denied causing what she referred to as her husband’s “immoral behaviour”. She said she had warned him severally when she found out he was molesting and harassing the girl’s elder sister sexually.

"How can my husband share me with my daughter?  I had called him earlier and spoken to him about this attitude. Although, I never believed or even suspected he can approach our small daughter (the victim) for sex. Before now, my older daughter, who stays in the South-East used to fight him regularly.

"She had cried out not once, complaining that my husband made attempts to sleep with her. When she refused, they ended up quarrelling and fighting. I, as his wife, sat him down and told him such act was foolish, and he promised not to do it again. It was shocking that the small girl (victim) is now four months pregnant for him", the woman said.

Asked why she did not detect her daughter’s pregnancy until it was four months old, she said: "I went to the hospital to see an aunty that had just delivered a baby. On coming back, I never suspected or imagined that something had happened. My daughter kept asking me for sanitary pads each month and I gave her, but never knew she was pregnant. I am sure it started while I was away because we all sleep together. But when I came back, my daughter never told me my husband assaulted her."

Speaking to Abuja Metro, the 13-year- old girl said she was a virgin when her father had it with her in December last year, stressing that after the first incident, he slept with her again on several occasions.

"It actually started when my mother went to see her aunty who gave birth. I could not tell anyone because he threatened to stop paying my school fees if I disclosed it to anybody."

But her father denied threatening her, saying: "I cannot remember the exact period it started, but what I know is that she was already wide when I met her and I later told her not to try me again. She has already known men, but now that this thing has happened, her mother has influenced her to turn things around against me.

"When I met her, her leg was already wide. I can also remember asking her the reason for that, but I will correct the pregnancy. I will marry her. The girl has accumulated a lot of sins, a lot of atrocities that only God will judge her; but, I will correct the abnormality by marrying her. I will not reject the baby, I will marry her."

It was gathered that policemen who came to arrest the man were pressured to drop the case. A neighbor stated: "The police came and they were talked into leaving without any action. The mother was heard saying they would all die if the husband was whisked away by the police."

No comments:

Post a Comment