Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Rescued Chibok girl says she misses her Boko Haram boyfriend


One of the Chibok girls that was freed recently, says she is unhappy to be separated from her boyfriend, who was identified by the military as a member of Boko Haram sect, who fathered her four-month-old child while she was held captive by  the group.


In her first interview since being rescued in May, Amina Ali, 21, told Reuters:  "I want him to know that I am still thinking about him. Just because we got separated, that does not mean that I don't think about him."

"I just want to go home - I don't know about school. I will decide about school when I get back, but I have no idea when I will be going home."

She was found by local people in a forest with the suspected militant who identified himself as her husband. 

The Nigerian government kept her and the child in a safe house for a "restoration process", while the whereabouts of the child's father are unknown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment